Sunday, August 17, 2008

Yibbiiii


Good news, at least for me...

Took and passed my certification test last Wednesday. Good to be able to find out right away like that, reduces anxiety, I am sure everybody around me is glad too.

Was unsure how I was doing when I was taking it. Had to answer 175 questions in 3,5 hours. Had 15 minutes left to review questions. A long test. A lot of questions.

Guess you had to have grad school work to pass it. Not a lot of facts, more focus on understanding. This is good. As graduate education, at least the high quality one, should not be testing our cognitive functions and memory. A MMSE is sufficient for that. Graduate education is supposed to help create a mind capable of critical thinking. So we can make the right decisions with the most current and reliable information available. After all information is always changing.

If any of you out there have yet to take the Adult PMHCNS exam and are about to this fall, do not hesitate to post questions here or send me an email at gislik@gmail.com.

I did feel though that ANCC takes too long sending out the Authorisation to test number. What is the hold up? This is not a government agency, the services are relatively expensive. They can't afford hiring one more person? Is the lack of competition making them complacent? Maybe there is a reason for this I am not seeing?

Other services from ANCC were excellent, but the delay remains strange.

No comments: