Thursday, August 7, 2008

I am back

I plan to post 1-2 times a week from now on. Summer vacation is over: playtime is over;)

I am now working as a mental health professional. Will hopefully be fully credentialled soon. Pressure is mounting at work as I am feebly building up trying to assume my future expected case load.

I must say I feel a bit rusty after my time off. I am trying to be tolerant towards myself. Allow my self to feel overwhelmed and anxious for now: "This is normal, for a while at least..."

Psychiatry is no easy business, as we all know all too well.

Staying focused on today and the present moment, and the client in the moment really is helpful.

I do admit that I spend way too much time in the court room, mentally that is. Maybe it is because I am a foreigner, not used to a litigious society. Maybe just because I am a new practitioner. Or maybe just because I am a "nervous Nelly"?.

I know it is quite useless fretting about the future, but I give it a shot regulalry just for the heck of it...;)

No comments: